Stage 4 COVID restrictions came into place in the Melbourne metropolitan region as of 11:59pm Wednesday 5 August 2020, with Stage 3 restrictions now in place for regional Victoria and Mitchell Shire.
Understanding the difficulty for many small businesses in navigating the legal obligations (both personal and Company) regarding the Stage 4 COVID restrictions, EPH has developed this page as a resource for our valued Victorian based Operators.
In order for EPH to provide your Company’s services during these Stage 4 restrictions, your Company must ensure your Employees hold a Permitted Worker Permit and have a COVID Safe Plan (follow the relevant links for templates provided by the Victorian Government for these documents).
THESE ARE SERIOUS AND IMPORTANT ISSUES FOR BOTH YOUR EMPLOYEES AND YOUR BUSINESS.
From 11:59pm on Wednesday 5 August 2020, Employers that require their staff to attend a work site must issue a worker permit to their Employees – this is the Employer’s responsibility (Owner Operators must issue a worker permit and sign the worker permit as both the Employer and Employee).
Every employer must complete their COVIDSafe plan by 11.59pm on Friday 7 August 2020
Please take note of the following important information:
- The Employer must ensure that an Employee working at more than one site must keep a log of the places visited including date, time and place of attendance (download a generic Workplace attendance register here).
- Employees must carry the worker permit and should carry photo identification when travelling to and from the workplace.
- A Worker Permit can be shown electronically to authorities such as a photo, or scanned copy, on a mobile device.
- Where possible, Employers should minimise any requirement for Employees to work at different sites.
Penalties of up to $19,826 (for individuals) and $99,132 (for businesses) will apply to Employers who issue Worker Permits to Employees who do not meet the requirements of the Worker Permit scheme or who otherwise breach the scheme requirements.
There will also be on-the-spot fines of up to $1,652 (for individuals) and up to $9,913 (for businesses) for anyone who breaches the scheme requirements. This includes Employers and Employees who do not carry their worker permit when travelling to and from work.
Further information for your business regarding the COVID Permitted Worker Permit can be accessed at the following links;
- Victoria State Government – Department of Health and Human Services – Coronavirus (PRIMARY RESOURCE)
- Victoria State Government – Worker Permit Scheme
- Business Victoria – COVID Safe Plan
- Business Victoria – Your COVID Safe Plan
- WorkSafe – Coronavirus
To better understand the Business and Industry stage 4 restrictions, visit the Department of Health and Human Services, State Government of Victoria website
For specific information regarding construction sector guidance for construction business under Melbourne’s Stage 4 restrictions, visit the Business Victoria Construction sector guidance website.
The EPH Group CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) SAFE PLAN for Employees can be access via this link.
All information supplied above is correct as of Monday 14 September 2020, and is for use as a guide only.
EPH recommend our Operators undertake their own assessment, or seek their own qualified advice regarding individual business circumstances.